Imagine you are taking a horrid medicine that makes you sick. You need to take this medicine in order to maintain your weight.
Now imagine, after being on it for almost 6 months straight, you decide you want to take a little break. About, say 2.5 weeks.
In those weeks, you gain 8 pounds.
That would be ME.
Next time, think really hard before you start complaining about your weight. People like you all (unless you are reading and happen to have PCOS) find it relatively easy to lose weight, or at least to maintain. I do one thing different, which is go off this God-awful medicine, and I GAIN. Losing weight is difficult for me, but I'd at least like to maintain my 12 pound loss that I originally had. But oh no, two and a half weeks free of the medication, and I'm almost up to my starting weight!!!
The moral of the story is, be thankful for what you have in the weight department. If you need to lose a couple of "vanity" pounds, just think of me, and feel a little better about yourself.
Called to the Nations? Start Here.
5 months ago
:(
ReplyDeleteI'm so sorry you're having a bad day with all of this. I've read a lot of stuff about girls with your condition having the same problems...so just know that it's not you and it's not your fault.
I do think there are people w/out PCOS who also find it difficult to lose weight, due to genetics/body type. And a lot of those people would love to be your size. I'm not trying to make less of your struggle, but I really don't think you're as big as you think you are in your mind. I know it's something you struggle with and I hate that being off the medicine has made you have to deal with this, but I want you to stop the "fat talk." :/ Even if you did gain 8 pounds, so what? You're not a number and I bet you don't look any different than you did without the 8 pounds.
But I know it's hard and I don't want to make less of the fact that it's hard. I just want to encourage you -- you're a beautiful, smart young woman who doesn't need to let a few extra pounds get her down.
ugh that does really suck...gaining weight from eating too much is one thing, but gaining weight just from your medicine has got to be really frustrating.
ReplyDeletemaybe its just your body's initial reaction though--i guess its been through a lot with the medicine and such, so maybe once you've been off it a little while longer, things will start to balance out naturally.
i agree with heather though--weight is just a number, as long as you're working to be as you can be than you're fine!